"Some updated info on the ipad2 & programmable shunts. About a month ago, when the news spread that the ipad2 could alter the setting on a shunt, I took my 4 month old daughter in to be checked. I had just received the ipad and had been using it quite a bit without realizing its magnetic strength. Sure enough, her setting was off & had to be reset. I just took her back for her normal follow up visit & her nsg, Dr. Maher at University of Michigan told me that our visit prompted them to experiment with the ipad 2 & the programmable shunt. He said that in the 500 times that they put the two within 1-2 feet of eachother, it changed the setting EVERY time. His team has written up an article about it and has sent it to the editor of the journal of neurosurgery. He said that he wouldn't have guessed that the ipad could have magnets strong enough to do this & was surprised to see the results. You just never know but am glad we found out about this before any harm was done." - thanks Kim Ruiz and PHF

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog